Member of the National Association of Chimney Sweeps (NACS)
Sweeping to the Approved Industry Standard Code of Practice
Public liability insurance ( Trading for 7+ years)
NACS insurance certificate issued for every chimney sweep
Traditional brush or NACS approved power sweeping
Clean and up to date professional Chimney Sweep – no mess *
All stoves and fireplaces swept. Gas appliance - please see below *
Birds nests removed
Friendly chimney sweep – any questions welcome (sensible prices, please see below) *
draw check with
Chimney sweep for all types of wood burners, stoves and fireplaces in Reading, Wokingham, Henley, Maidenhead and surrounding areas of Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hampshire.
07914 712904 0118 9670288
Virgo Chimney Sweep 2021
Why should you use a NACS Chimney Sweep?
"Helping to protect the consumer"
On completion of work a NACS chimney sweep completes safety checks and issues a Certificate of Chimney Sweeping to be signed by the customer and also recommends when future cleaning is necessary.
As a NACS Chimney Sweep I have undertaken a rigorous training course and successfully completed a full assessment prior to becoming a NACS Chimney Sweep Member. All NACS Chimney Sweep Members must hold valid Public Liability insurance as a Chimney Sweep, of which they provide a copy of to the Association on an annual basis. They must also have the correct equipment to be able to undertake the job which is checked at the time of their assessment.
As a NACS chimney sweep we work strictly to the NACS Code of Practice © 1982 and Code of Conduct for the cleaning of chimneys.
* Prices start from £60 with a 10% discount for multiple sweeps or if you can book with your neighbours.
* Every precaution will be made to leave your home as I found it. This involves using 'walk in' sheets and hearth sheets to cover your surfaces before sweeping commences.
I use the best approved HEPA three stage filtered vacuum for a professional clean and tidy chimney sweep.
* During the breeding season (March - August) nests cannot be removed if birds are incubating eggs or caring for young.
* Gas fires generally will require a qualified gas engineer to disconnect and reconnect the gas before and after the flue sweeping. Please call if in doubt.
* Please check that your chimney is designed to withstand a sweep as part of its routine maintenance. If for any reason faulty pots, cowls, brickwork, linings or components become dislodged during this process Virgo Chimney Sweep cannot accept responsibility for these occurrences.
Difficult access or parking? .
Urban areas with difficult parking.
I use a very compact small van that parks in tight spaces but I may need a temporary permit for about an hour. Please advise when calling about the chimney sweep.